[Zope] newbie question: Is it possible to search both Zope + static pages at the same time? the same time?

Chris Beaumont cbeaumon@msri.org
Mon, 08 May 2000 17:29:20 -0700

I have a newbie question.

I'm going to be adding a dynamically generated Zope core to a static
website (over 5500 HTML documents) and if it's at all possible, I'd like
to be able to search both parts of the site from one interface.

I was thinking that it would be possible if I could use a spidering web
crawler, rather than one that looked at the filesystem. I'm assuming
that it wouldnt be possible to use the search engine in Zope to search
external content, but I know that since I'm new to Zope, I might be
wrong..

I am sure that others have walked this road before me. What were your
experiences, what did you use (the platform is debian linux)  And is
this a valid approach?

Thank you!

Chris Beaumont
cbeaumon@msri.org