[Zope] PTK Installation wows

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Tue, 09 May 2000 07:48:17 +0100

Chris Herrnberger wrote:

> Greetings all;
>
> Been experimenting with Zope and several products. You know the standard
> nubi tools. wp, squishot confera etc.Tried PTK. Followed the
> instructions carefully but cant seem to get a proper installation of
> PTK. The package was untarred in the correct directory, the import dir
> created in the root of the server and the products installed all
> correctly. Importing demo went smooth. Restarted server as instructed.
> (twice) When I now add an object Portal to a folder the wizard always
> completes the installation with the error: Achtung, you are access the
> portal form the outside....yadayaya..I have checked and re-installed
> three times now and the same error occurs upon completion of the wizard
> each time, resulting in several erros when I acess site functions which
> is normal under these circumstances. Running latest version of Zope from
> source not rpm on SuSE 6.4
>
> Any insights would be greatly appreciated. This is a great product
> people, even for us non-wizards at the command line..)

When asking a question like this, please say what version of Zope and
PTK you're using.

"Latest version of Zope" could mean Zope from CVS, or Zope 2.1.6.

You need to log into the portal as the user you created during the
"create portal wizard" procedure.
To do this, you need to first log out of Zope as whatever user you
created the Portal with.
You can do this by closing all your browser windows, and then restart
Netscape (or whatever) and go to your portal directory. Log in using the
identity you created in the Portal Wizard.

Otherwise, open a browser whilst logged in as another linux user, adn
log into your portal in the way described above.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer