[Zope] Python Classes vs. ZClasses

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Tue, 9 May 2000 03:20:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 8 May 2000, Eric L. Walstad wrote:
> 1.  Do I need to create a Zope-ish hierarchy and just copy the data into the
> MySQL db?
> 2.  Is there a way to tie MySQL records into Zope or Python objects so that
> I don't have to duplicate data between Data.fs and MySQL?
> 3.  If so, what is the technology called so I can start studying it?

I don't (yet) have any experience with this myself, but from what I've
read what you describe sounds like "pluggable brains", which are
apparently a way to turn the results of a ZSQL query into an
object automatically.  I think it is documented in the ZSQL Users
Guide, but it's been a while since I was wandering around in
that part of the documentation.

--RDM