[Zope] Removing all vestiges of Zope

John R. Hillman jhillman@edtech.mcc.edu
Thu, 11 May 2000 11:23:43 -0400 (EDT)

Today, smog@email.wm.edu regaled us with tales of Re: [Zope] Removing all...:

> what kind of linux box is it? was zope installed from source? by old
> stuff do you mean the ZODB?

It's a Mandrake 7.0 install.  I meant that even if I wiped out
/usr/local/Zope (untar/install location), I could still go to
<webserver>:8080 and get Zopified content or to /manage and get the
management interface.

AAAAAGGGGGHHHH!  I just figured it out!  I didn't shut down the old Zope
server before deleting the directory!  I killed the Zope processes and
restarted it and now it's clean!  YAY!

Just goes to show you...don't do any hard labor before that third cup of
coffee!

Thanks to all for the replies!

Regards,

--
John R. Hillman
Multimedia Developer/System Administrator