[Zope] beginners question: zope & sybase

Charlie Derr charlie@intelligenesis.net
Thu, 11 May 2000 13:56:41 -0400

Bill Anderson wrote:
~
~ Andrea Hoffmann wrote:
~ >
~ > Dear List,
~ >
~ > I installed zope and apache today on a linux box and got
~ > it working together. Now I would like to integrate Sybase
~ > as an external database. I installed Sybase and then
~ > installed the Sybase DA from here:
~ >
~ > http://www.zope.org/Products/DA/SybaseDA/
~ >
~ > Can someone point me at some documentation that will help
~ > me get started using Sybase on zope?  Specifically, can
~ > anybody tell me how to set up a non-gadfly db connection?
~
~
~ The same way; add a SybaseDA connection in the same manner as a Gadfly
~ one.
~

As another novice probably at about the same level as Andrea, I think that
the question was probably "How do you get to the point where the SybaseDA
connection appears when you try to add a database connection?"  I've been
puzzling over the same thing (though with mysql and postgresql).  It seems
that certain choices result in non-trivial configurations, requiring one to
rebuild parts of python itself (or maybe i just misread the instructions).
Anyhow, I share Andrea's desire for more documentation for this step.

	~c

~ Zope maillist  -  Zope@zope.org
~ **   No cross posts or HTML encoding!  **
~ (Related lists -
~  http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce