[Zope] Soft References in DTML

mindlace mindlace@imeme.net
Thu, 11 May 2000 12:29:29 -0600

Jason Spisak wrote:

> John Morton writes:

> > But the style sheet itself lives a few directories down from the document
> > being rendered so I really want the absolute URL. If I could act the
> > object I could do <dtml-var "css_object.absolute_url()"> - but the name
> > css_object (or whatever) is the value of the string style_sheet.
> >
> > So how can I dereference the string?
> >
> <dtml-var "_[_['style_sheet']]">

I don't think the above works, really.  I would expect it to be written:

<dtml-var "_[style_sheet]">, but this will render the stylesheet, not
it's url, and (surprisingly) <dtml-var "_[style_sheet].absolute_url()">
will *not* work.

The most consistent way to dereference a string is:

<dtml-var "_.getitem(style_sheet).absolute_url()">

HTH,
--
ethan mindlace fremen        mindlace@imeme.net