[Zope] User as Base Class?

Ingo Assenmacher ass@Pool.Informatik.RWTH-Aachen.DE
Fri, 12 May 2000 14:58:00 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi.

I once digged into the standard user object (some time ago). So I will
scramble up some memories I have...

The standard user-obj provides methods to authenticate against the
security system and sotres password and domain stuff like that.
You can subclass it and enrich it with other information, but you will
have to subclass the standard user-folder too in order to create some
instances of it (since the original user-folder only creates standard
users).
I did this and it worked fine.
Anyway, I changed to guf because I needed fancy login screens and stuff
like that ;)

Regards, Ingo.