[Zope] Security problems with localFS and PCGI

Jim Sanford jsanford@atinucleus.com
Sat, 13 May 2000 00:04:45 -0500

All access to this site is via authenticated https. There are no anonymous
users, and EVERY request for data is verified via a custom query against a
permissions table.

Jim
----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexandre A. Drummond Barroso" <alexandre@intelligenesis.net>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2000 6:33 PM
Subject: [Zope] Security problems with localFS and PCGI

When Zope started as PCGI, it runs at the same user of the web server
process (I'm using a variant of Apache).

So for every file the web server has access, localFS product has access too.
But some areas of the web site are restrict area (must
be accessed with authentication certificates).

If a content manager user can create localFS objects into Zope, the restrict
content can be accessed.

Is there a way to configure Zope of localFS to limit access to files in file
system?

Thanks for any help.

Alexandre A. Drummond Barroso
Extranet Software Engineer