[Zope] Printing, let's try this again... Business applications printing

Jason Spisak 444@hiretechs.com
Mon, 15 May 2000 15:56:11 GMT

Felipe E. Barousse writes:

If you haven't already, I would really check out PDFGen.  The python
library for generating PDF documents. Hmm, URL is around here somewhere,
aha...

http://www.reportlab.com/

> I am using Zope with a billing and invoicing system (both written
> within Zope). The user fills in a complex dynamic form on the screen
> and when fnished hits a button that send the data to an external
> method which in turn send the formatted page to the Linux print spool
> system which in turn forwards this to the appropiate remote printer
> which, most of the time are attached to Winndows 9X (yucks!!) PC's
>
> I am about to lauch a project to create a fully flexible report writer
> for Zope applications, kind of a product.  Thinking on the design now
> though...
>
> Comments ?
>
> Felipe Barousse
>

> --- In zope@egroups.com, "Daniel G. Rusch" <drusch@g...> wrote:
> > I have a site that users use to build quotes. Once they get them the
> way
> > they like them they are going to need to print them. The browser
> print
> > button is not a good solution for many reasons, we need a header and
> > footer on pages, pagination etc.
> >
> > So the the question once again is: Is anyone printing from Zope.
> i.e.
> > sending html to a html to pdf converter, or some other solution?
> Note:
> > The ZPdfDocument doesnt convert the complete html page.
> >
> > Dan

Jason Spisak
CIO
HireTechs.com