[Zope] Strange but true login behaviour

David Trudgett dkt@registriesltd.com.au
Tue, 16 May 2000 11:36:13 -1000

While others have complained about not being able to get authorised
login access to Zope management functions, I have the opposite
problem: it no longer requests authorisation no matter what.

Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this? Clue: (?) I was
playing around with zpasswd to change the super user password to
something a bit less cryptic and easier to remember. At first I
couldn't get it to recognise the new password, and the old password
didn't work either. So I shut down and restarted Zope, and changed
the superuser password in the "access" file a couple more times. Some
time during this process, Zope decided it was OK for an anonymous
user to be a manager.

I'm currently evaluating Zope for production use. I hope it's my
stupidity and not Zope that's causing the problem.

Thanks.

David Trudgett