[Zope] Python: Class and method and documentation

Tue, 16 May 2000 11:50:44 +1000

>>> Terry Kerr wrote
> the first method is missing a doc string!
>
> methods in python products that you wish to call from the web need doc strings.

This dates back to the prehistory of Zope - Bobo used the presence or
absence of a doc string to mark whether a method was "published" and
accessible from the web.

>>> TomJenkins@zentuit.com wrote
> Are you sure you have to have doc strings?  I have a product that
> has a couple of classes where some methods don't have doc
> strings.  These methods are callable from Zope.

Yes, but are they callable directly from the web? eg
http://myhost/blah/myproduct/methodwithoutdocstring

?

Anthony