[Zope] Getting value from a form field

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 16 May 2000 10:37:16 +0100

Hi Bart :-)

Bart Holthuijsen wrote:
>      <INPUT TYPE="file" NAME="filenaamXML:string" SIZE="25">

Take this :string off the end for starters. An input type of "FILE"
causes a binary file to be uploaded. Zope handles this by turning it
into a FileUpload object. Trying to parse it as a string can't be
helping matters ;-)

> now how do I get the value that is filled in in the field?
> In my convuplmethod method I have:
>
> <dtml-var "REQUEST.form['filenaamXML']">
>
> But this returns the contents of the file, and all I want is the path.

You will only get the path from certain browsers, IE I think.

If you want the file name, it can be displayed with the following:
<dtml-var "REQUEST.form['filenaamXML'].filename">

If you need any more help, it might be useful if you explain what you're
trying to do overall :-)

HTH,

Chris