[Zope] ZODBC general sql question

Tom Smith Tom Smith" <tom@othermedia.com
Tue, 16 May 2000 19:19:52 +0100

I've been playing with the ZODBC stuff. It's fab.....

How do I create a primary_key field with an index on it?
How do I auto-increment a primary_key id field?

...are there ways to do this in agnostic SQL, without having to fiddle with
the respective database. I'm using Access, but would like sometime to give
mySQL a whirl without changing SQL-code (much), or getting involved with
whatever Front-end each database may have.

Will I have to create a table of last_ids and increment the values each time
I insert a new record, or is there an easier way to do it than this?

cheers

tom

p.s Does anyone know of a resource with lots of examples of agnostic sql
queries. I pretty much get the basics but it's good to see them in action
rather than have them described.