[Zope] ZOracle problems

Alexandre A. Drummond Barroso alexandre@intelligenesis.net
Tue, 16 May 2000 17:31:49 -0300

There is another thing: the Oracle client set many environment variables. Those variables are set before starting the web server and
the Zope process.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexandre A. Drummond Barroso
[mailto:alexandre@intelligenesis.net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2000 5:27 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: ZOracle problems

I've installed DCOracle in a Zope instance running with
PCGI + Apache variation; Zope process is running with the same user the web server is running; DCOracle test was fine (I also
created a small Python app to access a test database); The .so files were copied to the right place.
But when I try to connect to the database (or create a connection and test it in the same operation) it gives an Apache error:
"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."...

Verifying the error_log file, this is what I've found:
 PCGI Error: [503 Service Unavailable] ((116) unable to connect, fd=4) Success

What could be happening?

Thanks for any help.

Alexandre.