[Zope] GUF question

Mabe, Brad BRADLEY.D.MABE@saic.com
Wed, 17 May 2000 13:48:08 -0400

Hello all,
I recently downloaded and installed GUF and am having a strange problem.
I followed the walkthrough and successfully created a folder that only the
user "jorge" can access. Thinking life was good at that point, I decided to
try and add additional GUF users and give them access to the protected
folder. I made the appropriate additions to the userAuthenticate, userList,
and userRoles methods (the dtml methods found within the acl_users folder)
and was unable to log in and access the protected folder as anyone other
than "jorge".  I then decided to backtrack a bit and removed the
modifications I had made, and verified that "jorge" could still log in and
access the folder.  I then renamed "jorge" to "bama" in the above GUF dtml
methods, restarted the Zope server (I am running NT, after all ;-) ), and
was unable to log in as "bama". For the heck of it I tried to log as
"jorge". No dice.  I then renamed "bama" back to "jorge" and was again able
to access the protected folder as "jorge".

Obviously I am missing something.  Shouldn't I be able to add users to the
provided GUF dtml methods?  And why the heck couldn't I simply rename
"jorge" to "bama"?

       -=Brad=-