[Zope] Zope SQL Database Connection

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Fri, 19 May 2000 13:25:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 19 May 2000, joel grimes wrote:
> adding a SQL Method and am told I need to add a Zope Database Connection.  I
> can't find that in the list of available objects.  Can someone direct me to

Actually, you did: Z Gadfly Database Connection.  It is *one* example
of the generic class of objects "Zope Database Connection".  To get
other examples listed in the dropdown, you have to install the
corresponding Products.  So in your case you need a database driver
and database adapter that will let you talk to Access or SQL Server.
I *think* the one you are looking for is the ODBC driver and DA,
but I've only used Oracle and PostgreSQL myself, so I don't know
for sure.

Gadfly, by the way, is a minimalist implementation of an SQL database
that is stored entirely in the ZODB.  Useful for testing and perhaps for
very small databases.

--RDM