[Zope] Zope/Apache Image Catalog

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Sat, 20 May 2000 11:43:57 +0100

Tom Scheidt wrote:

> Hi
>
> I want to be able to upload images into a folder on Apache using
> a form page in Zope, and at the same time have the ids cataloged
> with keywords into a ZCatalog. Basically, to be able to search on
> keywords and have the related images displayed on a page.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations, or know of any
> examples of this? Thanks in advance.

What follows is a terse answer explaining how I'd go about it, but
giving no information about how to accomplish each of the steps. sorry I
can't offer any more right now. Hope it helps.

Create a ZClass that represents the metadata of your image objects --
that is,

  Path to the image on Apache
  Keywords

Each time someone enters an image, save the image via LocalFS to a
filesystem folder accessible from Apache, and create an instance of your
metadata ZClass.

Your metadata ZClass should derive fom CatalogAware.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer