[Zope] : generic adddtmlDocument method need to find extra form data type

Sin Hang Kin kentsin@poboxes.com
Sat, 20 May 2000 17:58:04 +0800

Hello,

I have make the method for adding a dtml-document to the current folder with
additional data as properties, However, I can not determine the type of the
data, the type information I put in the form :date is removed by zope.
(also, zope display an ugly debug screen if the data type is wrong), HOW can
I get control of the data type?

the code is below, I have manually make all data to string.

CODE : add_dtmlDocument

<dtml-comment>
This method add a dtml-document to the current folder or to what folder
point to
If no id is found in REQUEST one is generated,
the title, data is set to the title and data of the DTML document.
all other data from the form including those hidden data, is set as
properties of the dtmldocument
</dtml-comment>
<dtml-if id>
<dtml-else>
  <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('id', 'randomstr')">
</dtml-if>

  <dtml-call "manage_addDTMLDocument(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST['title'],
data)">

  <dtml-in "REQUEST.form.keys()">
      <dtml-if "_['sequence-item']!='id' and _['sequence-item']!='data' and
_['sequence-item']!='title' and _['sequence-item']!='add_dtmlDocument'">
          <dtml-call
"_.getitem(REQUEST['id']).manage_addProperty(_['sequence-item'],REQUEST.form
[_['sequence-item']], 'string', REQUEST)">
      </dtml-if>
  </dtml-in>
<dtml-comment>  <dtml-call
"_.getitem(REQUEST['id']).manage_changeProperties(REQUEST)">
</dtml-comment>

Rgs,

Kent Sin
kentsin.weblogs.com