[Zope] RE: Generate edito form from dtmlDocument : property type

Dr. Ross Lazarus rossl@med.usyd.edu.au
Sun, 21 May 2000 09:48:21 +1000

I think the general idea of automating html generation for data entry
web forms is a very
good one, but IMHO it's heroic to even think about doing this sort of
stuff in dtml!! (This
discussion probably should be moved to zope-dev?)

I've got something which generates useful DTML and ZSQL code
automagically from ZClass BASIC propertysheet contents and so can be
used to do the grunt work for making zclass add and edit methods. It
generates ZSQL code which is only tested for the sybaseda but would be
relatively easy to tweak for other DA's

It uses a single python external method - have a look at
http://www.zope.org/Members/rossl/ZClassExtender for an example of
what's possible...feel free to extend it?!!

--

Dr Ross Lazarus
Associate Professor and Sub-Dean for Information Technology