[Zope] ZPatterns and mountable DBs (was FYI: Latest gem appears in CVS)

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Sun, 21 May 2000 11:01:05 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Withers" <chrisw@nipltd.com>
To: "Paul Everitt" <paul@digicool.com>
Cc: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2000 9:06 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] FYI: Latest gem appears in CVS

> Paul Everitt wrote:
> >
> > Howdy folks.  As mentioned previously, a gem is ready to appear in CVS:
> > mountable databases.
>
> Does this mean the monolithic data.fs problem, and hence the 2GB
> filesize problem on some systems, has just vanished?

Based on what I read, this would quite possibly fix the 2GB filesize problem
that some OSes have.

> How does this integrate with the ZPatterns stuff?

Interesting question. I would think mountable databases would integrate
nicely with ZPatterns. As it is, the whole Rack model allows you to simply
create a new Rack to get data from different databases. If you make a Rack
that is actually a mount point for another ZODB (maybe a BerkeleyStorage),
you can have that Rack of info stored in a different file with very little
fuss.

Zope just gets more and more flexible every day!

Kevin