[Zope] Displaying MS Office documents within a Zope site

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Sun, 21 May 2000 16:49:14 -0600

Adam Ratcliffe wrote:

> Hi
>
> This message was previously posted to Zope Dev - sorry !
>
> I am using a Zope site to hold a collection of application support
> documents, these include a mixture of HTML pages and MS Word and
> Excel documents.
>
> The site uses a frameset to contain a DTML-Tree based navigation structure
> in the left frame, and displays pages in the right frame.
>
> When I attempt to open MS Office documents in the right frame they typically
> open fine the 1st time around, but if I move off the page and seek to
> revisit them I get a download dialog box rather than the page
> itself. I'm thinking this could be a caching issue.
>
> If anyone was able to help with some ideas how MS Office
> documents work with Zope it would be most appreciated.

This is likely a browser issue, rather than a Zope issue. I have heard
of the same happening on other servers.

There is much more to the equation....
Are you running straight ZServer?
Zope behind another server, if so what server?
What Browser/versions? (I presume IE...?)

What is the browser reciveing? If the server sends out the same
header/page, and the browser acts differently, it would be a browser
issue. The only way it would be a Zope-specific issue (AFACT) is if
Zope for some reason sends out _different_ data.

Please remember that to properly diagnose/help with issues like this,
that you should note the version of Zope, along with the above
questions. Makes life easier for everyone.

Bill