[Zope] Calling External Method...

Eric L. Walstad Eric@Walstads.net
Sun, 21 May 2000 21:33:55 -0700

// > Am I on the right track with this?  Shouldn't it be easy (& secure) to
// > launch a C app on the server and pipe the results back to
// > Zope?  If so, how.
// > The approach I took (above) was recommended by someone else on
// > the list.
//
// I think you should  probably make sure the function works from Python
// (unless you already have).  Use an absolute path to the executable, as
// your cwd may change inside of Zope.  Then when you're able to import the
// Python module that makes up the external method module and execute the
// function successfully, make it an external method within Zope.

That's the frustrating thing, it *is* working from the Python command line
but it is outputting an entire web page, shich may be a problem(?).  I will
compile something that spits out extremely simple output, follow your
directions regarding the absolute path and hard code in the name of the
executable for security sake, then plug that into Zope with an external
method.

Thanks for your help, Chris!

Eric.