[Zope] Zope.org membership

mindlace mindlace@imeme.net
Mon, 22 May 2000 09:45:32 -0600

Graham Chiu wrote:

> Can it be changed so that it remembers both my userid and password, or
> just my password?  I usually remember who I am!

This is certainly true.  Unfortunately, Microsoft has made it so that
anyone with a modicum of javascript skills can read *all* your cookies
(if you use IE on Windows):

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=00/05/11/173257&mode=nested

Now, there may not be hugely deletrious effects resulting from this, but
until cookies are handled in a sane manner, it's probably inappropriate
for us to be putting the password there.

If you're using IE 5 or Mozilla (NS 6) you can always tell it to
remember what you've entered into the password field.

Thanks,

~ethan fremen @ digicool & imeme