[Zope] Netscape Image Problems (LoginManager?)

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Mon, 22 May 2000 20:29:15 +0100

john@nurl.net wrote:

> Well I have determined that it has nothing to do with PTK or Login Manager,
> well I think
> anyway.......
>
> If you hit reload it breaks the images on the root level, if you put your
> cursor in the Location,
> or URL field and hit enter it reloads fine.
>
> I truly don't understand this problem and it only does it with images, in
> Netscape, is this an issue
> that everyone is just accepting or is there a fix for it.

Are you running Zope in single thread mode?

If I recall correctly, Netscape fires off a bunch of threads to
simultaneously download the images on a page. It could be that Netscape
is tying up the single thread, and getting impatient with its other
requests.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer