[Zope] Feedback Requested: Editor Applet for Zope?

Jason Cunliffe Jason Cunliffe" <jasonic@nomadicsltd.com
Tue, 23 May 2000 10:29:35 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Heiko Stoermer <news-list.zope@innominate.de>

> My question:
> Do you like the idea of having a slim java-based editor applet instead
> of the textarea?
> (NO, not a 400k editor with WYSIWYG preview and an exotic scripting
> engine - it's supposed to be _very_ slim)
>
> Please give me feedback on this, because if the community wants such a
> thing, I might start working on it.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Heiko

Hello Heiko

Yes please!. Sounds like a great idea.
..and now for some wishlist slim features:

- maximise the text area horizontal + vertical quickly and easily [and then
store/fetch the prefs to/from a zope object  or method somewheres]

- scale type [change font size + font]

- some basic coloring or styling please... <dtml-iwuyi > in colorA, other
non-dtml tags in colorB, anythin in "" in colorC, etc.

- keep a scrolling list on one margin of DTML so that one can click on items
to allow faster more accurate code paste [yes I am a lousy typist adn dtml
is _so_ picky] . The list can be preloaded with the obvious and not so
obvious and also  remembers recent chunks of dtml slilm 'history'.

maybe this request puts it over the size limit - but maybe not..:-)
goodluck

- Jason

Jason CUNLIFFE = NOMADICS.(Interactive Art and Technology).Design Director