[Zope] newbie question: case sensitive folder problem

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 24 May 2000 13:31:41 +0100

Alexander N Gould wrote:

> How can I make a folder on my site case - insensitive in regards to access
> from URLs.  If someone types http://mysite.com/bigfolder/ into their
> browser, I want it to take them to the Bigfolder, but right now, it
> produces a missing object error.  Any hints?  Sorry if this is a silly
> question - I'm just getting started here.
>
> I use zope with pcgi on Apache.

You can solve this using a DTML method called bigfolder:

<dtml-call "RESPONSE.setBase(Bigfolder.absolute_url())">
<dtml-with Bigfolder>
  <dtml-var index_html>
</dtml-with>

However, this won't help you if you want things to be totally
case-insensitive, like having "bIgFolDer" direct to "Bigfolder" for
example.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer