[Zope] Using Cookie Data

Jim farli@wiredglobal.com
Wed, 24 May 2000 09:56:59 -0700

I have a cookie that contains the value of an psql key as its value.  I
want to retrieve the value and use it to call the psql query method to
retrieve the data.  The code that I am currently using is

 <dtml-in qryGetCustomer(REQUEST.cookies[Company_Name)]>
    The company record has been retrieved for <dtml-var company_name>.<br>
  </dtml-in>

where Company_Name is a property containing the company name and is the
name of the cookie, and company_name is the first field that should be
retrieved from the psql database query.  When I run the code I get

  Error Type: KeyError
  Error Value: qryGetCustomer(REQUEST.cookies[Company_Name)]

Any help out there on helping a Zope newbie to get the data from his psql
database with a value retrieved from a cookie?

 --  Jim

Zope is cool!