[Zope] Problem rendering large table thru Zope - thru filesystem is ok

Jim Sanford jsanford@atinucleus.com
Wed, 24 May 2000 13:48:53 -0500

We have a report we generate in zope that creates a large table with lots of font changes.

When the total size of the file approaches 150k zope refuses to render it.

We have a method that creates a copy of the report using _.render and saves it to a file.

If we try to use LocalFS to access the file it does not render.
The Status bar on browser says "....found. Waiting for reply"
and the progress bar slowly marches accross its box - but
nothing displays.

If I go to the drive via our network and double click on the .html file created
with _.render, it comes up in about 2 seconds. Yet If I try to access it in "view"
mode in the LocalFS folder for that drive it does not display.
If I click on the file in LocalFS manage mode the raw html code displays in the
text box without a problem.

Any ideas?
Any suggestions?
Any incantations?

              Jim Sanford
      .       Database Engineer
     / \  /   Accelerated Technology, Inc.
    /   /     720 Oak Circle Drive East
   /  /  \    Mobile, AL 36609
  / /     \   Voice: 334-661-5770  fax: 334-661-5788
 /         \  E-Mail: jsanford@atinucleus.com
              Web: http://www.atinucleus.com

 Nucleus.  All You NEED in an RTOS.  Royalty Free