[Zope] M$soft

Henny van der Linde Henny van der Linde" <linde@inline-info.nl
Thu, 25 May 2000 03:08:06 +0200

Hi,

> Is anybody bold enough to try Zope with ODBC to an ACCESS database?
>
> How about a Micosoft's SQL?
> Have you had any success with either?

We have Zope running without any real problems with ODBC and SQL-server 7
for about 10 months.

> What would you recommend??

It all depends on your needs. The question you have to answer is: do I realy
need a databaseserver?
I won't get in the nitty gritty details about the differences between
databaseservers (there some differences between them also) and Access,
dBase, Paradox etc.
Basically: if all you want to do is just serve some data from simple tables
with not more then 5 concurrent users you can pull it of with Access etc.

Henny van der Linde