[Zope] The agony of the ZOPE Documentation

mindlace mindlace@digicool.com
Wed, 24 May 2000 21:55:36 -0600

jiva@devware.com wrote:

> I'm sorry, but I have to say, the ZOPE documentation, despite efforts
> to improve it, is absolutely, positively horrible.  Not because the
> content isn't there, but because the tools to access it simply suck.
> I can type in searches on both zope.org and zdp.zope.org and though I
> KNOW the information is there, I can't get the results I want!

Ok.  This only vaguely begins to address your issues, but I went ahead
and added searching Zope.org with Google to the "search" page- the one
you get for clicking on the "search" link at the top of the page.

For example, I searched for dtml-+in  (had to add the +, because "in" is
a stop-word) and got loads of relevant results.

Hope this helps a tiny bit.  Digital Creations did just recently hire
me, in part, to fix the tools to access the documentation, so you can
expect it to get better soon.

Thanks,

ethan mindlace fremen
Zopista Community Liason