[Zope] ANN: Perl For Zope

Paul Everitt paul@digicool.com
Thu, 25 May 2000 05:19:14 -0400

Denis Frère wrote:

> "J. Atwood" wrote:
> >
> > Stunned. Totally and utterly stunned. I would have thought there
> > would be Java floating around in Zope's bowl before Perl! Perl?
> > Jeeze... what a great but very scary thing. I trust that DC will do
> > it right.
>
> Let's take up bets.
>
> In an egg, there is white and yellow,
> when these are mixed, what does remain ?
> Just yellow, doesn't it ?
>
> I guess that's the price of fame.

That's quite a strained metaphor.  I'll be pretty unequivocal.  Anyone
that thinks we are lessening our commitment to Python (a) hasn't read
the FAQ before reacting and (b) doesn't know us very well.

On the other hand, we'll likely do even more things like this over the
year: open up to COM, CORBA, etc. as method facilities.

--Paul