[Zope] ANN: Perl For Zope

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Thu, 25 May 2000 10:48:52 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris McDonough" <chrism@digicool.com>
To: <phd@phd.russ.ru>
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2000 10:15 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] ANN: Perl For Zope

> Zope has DTML and Python, both of which will stay.  You will have the
> option of using Perl and XSLT methods pretty soon.  If you don't need
> them or don't want them, don't use them.  There are lots of people for
> whom this will be a natural entry point in to Zope.  You happen not to
> be one of them.

I was a little puzzled when I first read the announcement, but after reading
the FAQ I think it sounds like a great idea! People who are comfortable with
perl will be able to create complete through the web Products in perl/dtml.
People who are big fans of python aren't forced to use those Products, but I
think you can bring a lot of people into the Zope fold with this.

> Sheesh, it's like we'd recommended Microsoft in here or something.  :-)

Can Active Server Pages and VBScript be far behind? :)

Kevin