[Zope] ANN: Perl For Zope

John Chandler johnc@nipltd.com
Thu, 25 May 2000 16:19:27 +0100 (GMT)

> Kevin Dangoor wrote:
> > perl will be able to create complete through the web Products in perl/dtml.
>
> No!!!
>
> Keep perl and DTML seperate. If people want to play in Perl fine, but
> keep it seperate from everything else. Perl-only methods and external
> methods, no DTML mangling and no perl expression in dtml tags. Newbies
> get confused enough with python...

Even as a Perl fan, I agree and don't see the sense in placing Perl-style
expressions in DTML, or any other non-Python language for that matter -
but I don't detect this is going to happen anyway.

John

--
 John Chandler  /  Software Developer  /  New Information Paradigms Ltd
   [ Linux in the office, AmigaOS in the home, PalmOS in the pocket ]