[Zope] ANN: Perl For Zope

mindlace mindlace@digicool.com
Thu, 25 May 2000 11:49:35 -0600

Zopistas,

This argument is all very funny.

Why is it bad to be able to answer someone when they say "i use this
perl script on my site, I want to use it in zope"? I would personally
like this for little regexp programs.  What matters is that 90% of the
old-school web sites use perl as their glue, and they shouldn't have to
have their sites fall apart when transitioning to zope.

If it helps any, it should be obvious by now that zope is from the emacs
school and not the vi school. Zope's problem domain is simply too wide
to be addressed by anything but an all-inclusive approach.

To me, perl is small beans, but XSLT... that sets me drooling.  All
sorts of other methods are fine by me, too.

I highly doubt that the core codebase of Zope is going to ever be
anything other than C and python, unless some other compiled language
comes along that's even better & more portable than C or some lunatic
decides that zope should work in jpython.

ethan mindlace fremen
Zopista Community Liason