[Zope] Re: [Zope-Annce] ANN: Perl For Zope - why I'm bummed

Roman Milner rmilner@point-one.net
25 May 2000 16:31:35 -0500

    HK> Some of its most significant features (Aquiition,
    HK> ExtensionClass) are even written in C and mess with guts of
    HK> python interpreter.

    HK> See for example PostgreSQL - it has C, SQL, PL/SQL, TCL, Perl,
    HK> Ruby and soon python as its server-side programming languages,
    HK> with no real argument about weather to include yet another
    HK> language - if you dont want/need/know how to use it you just
    HK> ignore it ;) And it was originally written in lisp ;-9

Well, my point is that I don't think you will be able to ignore it.
Your boss will give you a product to maintain that includes someone
else's perl code - sooner or later.  Since it is "part of zope" and you
clearly "know zope" you should be able to maintain it.

I'm not talking about maintaining zope itself.  I'm talking about
maintaining web sites that use zope.

^Roman