[Zope] A new development model for Zope?

Paolo Bizzarri p.bizzarri@icube.it
Fri, 26 May 2000 20:51:09 +0200

Hi Zopers,

> > My proposal is that Zope should go through a stable/development version,
> > in a similar way to the linux-kernel. New heavy features should be only
> > for the development Zope, whereas the stable Zope should receive only
> > the bugfixes and the (micro) new features. This should be of major
> > importance, because I would like to have Zope to increase stability on
> > normal versions, without any further feature that I do not need.
> >
> > What do you think about it ?
>
> I think we see this proposal about every three months on average. ;-)

Well, perhaps I got my eyes too much closed... :=(

> Personally, I would like to see a patch collector, for 'unofficial
> patches'. Kind of like the ac patches for linux (and now the aa and who
> knows who else is doing it now).

Exactly. For example, here two simple patches that should be collected and
posted toward 2.1.6:

    - patch for renaming single objects (something I have seen in the new
2.2.0a version);

    - patch for the REQUEST object problem

What do you think about it ?

Ciao

Paolo

--
Paolo Bizzarri - Responsabile Marketing  I3 Icube Srl
Sede:   Via Ridolfi 15 - 56124 Pisa (PI), Italia