[Zope] Re: problems with NTUserFolder.

CLAIN Jephte minf7@educ.univ-reunion.fr
Fri, 26 May 2000 18:19:22 +0400

"Jay, Dylan" a écrit :
> I see how it works now. I installed jcNTUSerFolder but couldn't get it to
> work. I thought it did the challenge response stuff for me. I didn't realize
> it had to go behind IIS. I'll give it a try.
The challenge/response protocol authentication, as far as I know, is
specific to microsoft. that's why you have to use IIS for example to do
the authenticatio for you.
I don't know of another browsers / ftp clients / mail clients that can
perform that kind of authentication, beside those from microsoft (IE,
Outlook, ...)

You may also have a look at
http://www.zope.org/Members/jephte/jcForceAuth for a way to force users
to authenticate. they have to identify themselves to browse the site,
but at least they can use their own nt account/password. be warned
though: passwords are sent unencrypted over the wire with basic
authentication.

regards,
jephte clain
minf7@educ.univ-reunion.fr