[Zope] Zope Email (syndication)

Karl Ulbrich karlzope@sub.ulbrich.org
Fri, 26 May 2000 15:50:14 -0400

> Well... I think that it's probably the shortest route to a functioning
> zope archive to use mailman-  already written in python, and modular
> enough that we should be able to take it one step at a time.

In browsing the MailMan lists, I recall reading about someone
setting up an archiver script that received each mail message
and saved it into Zope via WebDAV, so each msg became a document.
I didn't save the link, but that might be the *fastest* way to
get started with archiving (and potentially indexing, etc) mail
in Zope:

	- script (in Python, of course!) receives mail, or add to Mailman
	- script talks WebDAV, and saves it into a folder (or
	  subfolder by-date?) in Zope
	- this becomes a DTML document -- I don't know enoug Zope
	  yet to know if this could be a customized/subclassed DTML
	  doc that was smart enough to parse RFC822, save
	  fielded and raw search info into ZCatalog, etc).
	- everything Zope can do with a collection of items is yours!

This sounded cool to me...  Anyone going to try?

Karl