[Zope] Higher Education

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Fri, 26 May 2000 22:32:50 +0200

<snip>

>You know, there's the python edu-sig (http://www.python.org/sigs/edu-sig)
>- i wonder whether there's some point in crossing over the efforts?  On
>the plus side, there's a number of educators there with real interest in
>teaching programming in a good way, on the minus side, their charter is
>pretty much python oriented, and zope may be a more narrow context than
>they would wish to dwell within.  I mean, i'm not sure how the slightly
>different agendas would work out...

Hi Ken

I have been lurking on the edu-sig for a while now. I think your concern
about divergent interests is quite justified. The zope-edu list was more
about getting a coherent framework in Zope, while the the edu-sig is more
about teaching programming in the Computer Programming for Everyone program,
even if discussions seem to be narrowing down to teaching computer math to
everyone. There has been an occasional mention of ZOpe, though. If a
Zope-edu effort would bring a Computer Mediated Instruction environment,
this might be of great help also for them

my 2 cents

Rik