[Zope] Traceback?

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Mon, 29 May 2000 11:51:08 +0200

On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 05:33:20AM -0400, Patrick J.M. Keane wrote:
> I would like to ultimately remove the python traceback error code
> display from messages (printed after standard_html_error fires off).
> However, I'm not sure how to disable this?

By default Zope is installed to run in debug mode. One of the effects of
running in debug mode is that tracebacks are displayed in error messages as
visible HTML.

If you switch debug mode off, tracebacks will be included in error messages as
HTML comments, thus rendering them invisible from the unsuspecting site
visitor.

To switch debug mode off, you should start Zope without the -D command line
switch. In a stock Zope install, this means editing 'start' (or 'start.bat' on
win32) and removing the flag there.

--
Martijn Pieters