[Zope] Use of lambda expression in DTML

Lalo Martins lalo@hackandroll.org
Mon, 29 May 2000 16:33:20 -0300

On Fri, May 26, 2000 at 03:05:14PM -0700, Jonothan Farr wrote:
> > In brief: I get a NameError when invoking "filter(...)" from DTML.  I thought
> > this was a built-in python method, so I'm a bit puzzled.
>
> Certain built-ins are not available in dtml for security and other reasons,
> filter and lambda are among them. As far as I know, you'll need to use an
> external method to do this or think of another way to do it in dtml.

One big question is: what's wrong with filter, map and lambda?
They can make a lot of code a lot simpler, specially for people
who have a background in functional programming.

IIRC there is nothing wrong with them - only that all builtins
were disabled and some specific few were re-enabled, and then
those three were overlooked.

Count one vote for getting them back (_.lambda, _.filter, _.map
is fine enough, of course).

[]s,
                                               +----
--
          Hack and Roll  ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
            News for, uh, whatever it is that we are.

http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo           mailto:lalo@hackandroll.org
         pgp key: http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo/pessoal/pgp

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)    ---     http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar