[Zope] Zope Email (syndication)

ethan mindlace fremen mindlace@digicool.com
Mon, 29 May 2000 17:58:11 -0600

Chris Withers wrote:

> Which raises the question: What MTA would you use for a Zope IMAP server
> and does it matter? Again, forgive me if that's a stupid question ;-)

I would personally use exim, but I don't think it matters, if zope knows
intelligent things about it's users.  If you wanted to be a relay for a
certain set of users, you'd probably have to authenticate against
ZopeIMAP and have ZopeIMAP tell the MTA who had relay permissions.
Anyway, that's what I do with cyrus imap.

> Yup, this sounds like mail-in content to me, which is what I'm after :-)

Mee too!

> Well, how do we get started? (I may not be the best person as you can
> see from my lack of knowledge in this area ;-)

Michel Pelltier has uploaded some very alpha python imap server code
that we could look at:

http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/MyWiki/IMAPServer

There's also several other open IMAP servers out there for illustrative
purposes.

~ethan