[Zope] import folder at other place than root

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Mon, 29 May 2000 18:55:05 -0400

Peter, you can change this in the Python file
lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py here:

    def manage_importObject(self, file, REQUEST=None):
        """Import an object from a file"""
        dirname, file=os.path.split(file)
        if dirname:
            raise 'Bad Request', 'Invalid file name %s' % file
        file=os.path.join(INSTANCE_HOME, 'import', file)
        if not os.path.exists(file):
            raise 'Bad Request', 'File does not exist: %s' % file

change the line that says "file = os.path.join(INSTANCE_HOME, 'import',
file) to the location you'd like the file to be imported from.  the
INSTANCE_HOME variable points at the root dir of the zope install.
Change it to something else... for more info, read the Python docs on
"os.path" at http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-os.path.html