[Zope] Before I install zope

J. Michael Mc Kay admin@ihosts.net
Tue, 30 May 2000 11:40:10 -0400

I want to install Zope in multiple instances.  Apparently if you provide a
unique name and user names you can do this.  My question is...., "How would
you gain access to each individual Zope?"

For instance, I would like "manager 1" to have access to "Zope 1" on
port:8080. He will use Zope in tandem with his static web. I then want
"manager 2" to have access to "Zope 2" in the same capacity as "manager 1."
They will also use thier own separate product preferences.

I want to set-up some fellow newbie types to share the Zope Road to
Enlightenment with.

What I don't understand from the install.txt and the "how to" is just how
each manager is going to access the correct Zope.  They each have a static
webspace via a web server on port:80.  I am not concerned right now about
.pcgi, frontend and backend servers, but separating and accessing two
standard installs of Zope on an NT server.

I am a bit embarrased asking this because I did have this scenario working
via pcgi. I got distracted for a couple of weeks and cannot reproduce it.
So I want to do it again with straight installs, then .pcgi and later fool
around with employing Site Access.

Hope I've provided enough info...and that the answer is not too time
consuming to return.

Thanks,

hisnibs

Virginia Web