[Zope] Ordered list

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Wed, 31 May 2000 11:57:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 31 xxx 2000, Marcio Moreira wrote:
> My question is: How can I have an ordered listing of all popular names of all
> plants (in other words, how can I have an ordered listing of data stored in "lines"-type properties on diferent class instances)?

My off the cuff thought would be to use a Catalog.  Build a keyword index
on the popular names field.  UniqueValuesFor (or whatever the method
name is; see the ZCatalog docs) will then give you a list of all
the values that you can sort.  Then to build hyperlinks back to
the objects you could feed the key values back into a Catalog
call to pick up the items to link.

--RDM