[Zope] confera, zope 2.2, and attachments

Vitaly Osipov vos@telenor.cz
Wed, 31 May 2000 12:05:24 +0200

I guess you are using ZDconfera, not original Confera - I had the same
problems until I looked into the code. Seems like it was partly taken from
Confera, but Confera uses FileObject.py to handle attachments -  this module
is not present in ZDconfera, which instead tries to use ImageFile, but not
very successfully You could copy that fileobject from Confera distribution,
add a line like

from FileObject import *

at the beginning of ZDConfera.py,
change

try:    file=ImageFile(file)
except: file=''

try:    file=FileObject(file)
except: file=''

inside addMessage in ZDConfera.py
and maybe also change line

icon='misc_/Confera/attachment.gif'

icon='misc_/ZDConfera/attachment.gif'

at FileObject.py
And this problem does not raise any errors because adding file is inside
try/except clause in ZDConfera.py.

regards,
Vitaly.