[Zope] Multi-lingual sites and workflow

Lee Hunter lee.hunter@hum.com
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 20:59:28 -0500

I was wondering if anyone here has used Zope to create
bilingual/multi-lingual/localised websites.

I've done a number of bilingual (French and English) projects in recent
years using plain old html where the two language versions had to be kept
mostly symmetrical and its been a bit of a pain as the site grows to keep
the two versions in synch and make sure the translations are done on time
etc.

Its seems that Zope might help manage these kinds of projects - by smoothing
the workflow - tracking what needs translation, perhaps sending stuff to the
translator automatically, reporting on what's been done by who and comparing
the two language versions to make sure they are parallel. And perhaps even
sharing a common architecture - so that you didn't need two sets of DTML
methods etc.

I'm wondering if this fits into other generic Zope workflow products that
people have talked about developing or if it would have to be built from
scratch.

Anyone have thoughts on this subject?

Regards

Lee Hunter