[Zope] Re:GoLive (or, redirecting to index.html)

Fred Yankowski fred@ontosys.com
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 11:12:03 -0600

On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 03:10:57PM -0700, Bill Anderson wrote:
> <dtml-var "_['index.html']">

I tried that too, but it also had problems.  That format would load
the index.html file OK, but most of the links within the page would be
wrong in the case where the page is accessed via a URL like
<http://fqdn.com/subsite> (note, no final "/").  The javascript code
in index.html (generated by the Web Studio tool) generates an HTML
BASE element with the HREF attribute set to the concatenation of the
window.location (or window.location.href) value with "subsite",
resulting in an HREF value of "http://fqdn.comsubsite" in this case.
SNAFU.

This problem stems from the quirky code generated by Web Studio, but
it forced me to access the page via a redirect rather than
incorporating it directly via dtml-var.

--
Fred Yankowski           fred@OntoSys.com      tel: +1.630.879.1312
Principal Consultant     www.OntoSys.com       fax: +1.630.879.1370