[Zope] Zope for medium/large sites

Petru Paler ppetru@ppetru.net
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 10:28:44 +0200

On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 02:13:55AM +0000, Tiago Antão wrote:
> bill.a> If you have the hardware:
> bill.a>  o a dedicated SQL server to hold member authentication data
>
>   We've Oracle as the backend.

[...]

> bill.a> That should be able to handle pretty much what you describe with ease.
>
>  BTW, Do you know of any site with more than 100000 registered users and
> lots of hits using zope?

mydomain.com (I work for them, did the programming). There are 139216 members
as I write this, and a couple hundred registrations each days. The system
manages 315421 domains right now, but about 2000 new ones enter the database
each day. The site gets about 500000 hits/day.

Everything works wery well (everything is on one computer, Oracle 8.1.6 and
Zope 2.2.2 behind a proxy rewrite rule for apache), EXCEPT for the Zope being
unstable. I think the culprit is the Oracle DA and I've sent a message to
this mailing list, but noone seems to know what happens...

--
Petru Paler, mailto:ppetru@ppetru.net
http://www.ppetru.net - ICQ: 41817235