[Zope] Zope Book Beta

Jan H. Haul jan@haul.de
Sun, 05 Nov 2000 17:53:53 +0100

Fred Yankowski wrote:

> I agree completely that the Zope Book beta will get more reviewers,
> and better feedback to the authors, if it is available as PDF.

A valid point.
I do not care about the format that much. But what I care about
is a clear method of referencing the text, to the line or
paragraph level, so that we can get comments and corrections to
the authors/copyeditors efficiently.

A PDF *with page and line numbers* would fit the bill nicely. As
would a HTML file with paragraph numbers (as HTML comments,
maybe?).

The point is that we should be able to give meaningful feedback,
like "page 147, line 15: there should be their" (a totally
made-up example, do not go hunting for that one).
It just does not do to quote full sentences and have the
copyeditor search for all that stuff. Too much wasted time on
both ends.

Cheers,
Jan